30 Oct Xmas is coming – will you have a closedown?
Getting close to the end of the year. If you have employees you need to consider what to do if you are planning a closedown period over the holiday break. This year Xmas Day and New Year fall on Saturdays. 27/28 Dec and 3/4 Jan are the week days that the public holidays are transferred to. Things to do:
- Review your employment agreements for applicable clause(s) for an annual closedown
- Provide a written notice at least 14 days prior to the start of the closedown
- Check employees leave balances to see if all/some of the closedown period will be covered
- If insufficient accrued annual leave you may need to reset their annual leave anniversary dates
- Contact us if you need help; we have specialist payroll and HR expertise to make sure you are covered.
Details from Employment NZ here.